Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Imaginary Tablescapes for Writers

I'm in the middle of copyedits for my vampire thriller/romance, Acquainted With the Night, and I'm struggling to finish by Friday.
Gulp.
So I'm tablescaping in my head today.
Dark, dramatic cobalt china will set this faux table.

 
But it's spring, the season of pink-and-green. Let's change the dishes to white. What if I scattered rose petals on the imaginary tablecloth?


I love the idea of  "standing" the rolled napkins, and the tiny vases add whimsy at each place setting.


Black-and-white-and-and pink--classic for a dreamer's table, or a real one.

Sometimes I write so hard, I see dots churning before my eyes--let me grab a few, color them red, and bring them to the table.
Raspberries are a welcome touch.


Black-and-white is always classic. The black dinner plates (and the white salad plates) were bought at Big Lots. The b&w balls were bought at an antique mall.


I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. She reminded me to take time to play--and she was right. I love writing, but tablescaping is a pleasure, too, even though it is very hard work--hard as food blogging. I admire my friends who do this every day--arranging tables, cooking, photographing, editing the photos, writing words to go with them. I miss playtime and visiting. Someday!  

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting today! If you'd like to enter a contest for a $100 Amazon gift card, just go here:
http://acquaintedwiththenightbypipermaitland.blogspot.com/2011/05/100-amazon-gift-card-giveaway-plus.html.

Images 1 -5 courtesy of Dreamstime; images 6-8 by Michael Lee West.