Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Would you like to be acquainted with my new book? Coming November 29, 2011

I've barely left my house this summer. I've been writing, writing, writing.
I finished the "First Pass" on my upcoming novel, Acquainted With the Night. A "First Pass" is the author's last chance to find typos in a manuscript.
When I began writing the book in the winter of 2008, I wasn't thinking about publication, much less seeing the book on Amazon or that AWTN would be a Brillance Audiobook--unabridged, no less. This is a 544 page book.

In three months, Acquainted With the Night will be in bookstores. I keep pinching myself to see if this is really real.

In thirty years of writing fiction, I've never gotten so caught up in a book. I was a bit scared to veer away from Southern settings and heroines, but for once, I let my heart guide me.

The novel opens in southern Bulgaria at the Perperikon Archeological complex, a real dig site. Here's a view of the southern Rhodope Mountains.

Here's a peek at the video: